Saturday, March 24, 2012

hmm...Black Tie Catering

As we looked for a venue, Black Tie Catering kept coming up as the exclusive caterer for many places we liked.

Because of this, I emailed just to see what it would cost to have them. OMG!

I spoke with Kathleen from Black Tie and she started talking about $15,000 for 150 people.

Portland Club
She did say that we could do a cocktail hour and restrict the amount food passed around to keep within our budget. She also suggested we use them for our venue to save money.

Black Tie has two venues available: the Portland Club in the West End of Portland and Camp Hammond in Yarmouth. Kathleen said since we live right in town we could call and come check out the Portland Club anytime.



Camp Hammond
Last Friday I called and left a message for Kathleen, who was on a phone call. We were seriously considering using one of their venues and the next day I called to check out the Portland Club on a whim. I was called back in about an hour and told that no one was in the office and Kathleen was gone until Monday but would call me ASAP. It is now a week later and I have not heard a peep from anyone at Black Tie.

If I hear anything more from Black Tie, I will share it here but until then, they are not high on my list of caterers!


3 comments:

  1. I would NOT use them. There food is Ho-Hum and I have heard nightmare stories about them. Not what you want for your wedding. I used Chefa's and absolutely LOVED them. They were so reasonable, especially for their bar prices. I highly highly recommend Stacey at Chefa's for reasonable pricing and GREAT food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it possible she never got your message? That sometimes happens in the real world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope anonymous, I definitely called multiple times!

    ReplyDelete